Hunshelf Hall is listed as a Grade 2 building, and records show that the Hall was burnt down in a fire during the early 1740s. Part of the hall which survived the fire would suggests the earlier Hall as having been of either late Tudor or early Jacobean construction, while the main building today is typically Georgian .The building of eleven rooms, two staircases, two hallways and two cellars is classed as “House of Historic Interest” The house today shows two different periods, but it is possible there was an earlier dwelling on the same site.
Records show that during the seventeenth and eighteenth century, generations of the Walker family lived at Hunshelf Hall and farmed its land as freeholders. The 1605 will of a “George Walker, Hunshelf is shown to be a “yeoman”.
By 1746 a George Walker rebuilt the house we now see today (2019) the initials of him and his wife, together with the date of the building, are clearly legible over the stone arched doorway.